"The most fundamental reason one paints is in order to see." - Brett Whiteley

Saturday, March 28, 2015

In The News

I haven't been to good about updating this blog the past few years. I could use the excuse that my computer is 10 years old and very slow, or that I have very little time and/or things to even write about, but we all know that I'm probably just lazy. So here I go- going to try and make a much better effort.

Now that I am a stay-at-home mother I intend to give a little more focus to my art career. It seems that in the past couple years I've found a niche in pet portraiture. Painting animals is incredibly gratifying, especially when they're someone you're close to. It started while I worked at Bow-Wow Doggie Daycare. On a slow day where the dogs would lay around cuddling and looking precious, I would do some sketching then display them in the lobby. From there it escalated into doing pencil drawings from photos. Clients began asking for portraits of their dogs. I was thrilled! Now here I am trying to push myself into the world of Pet Portraits. Today I finally renewed my domain name after letting it expire- in hindsight, don't let that happen...
starving artists can't really afford it. But I'm hoping it'll pay off. I'm really looking to collect myself and make more of a professional online presence.

A couple weeks ago I finished a commission for an assisted living home of their resident dog, Bear. An old client from the daycare center, who's dog I've drawn and painted, asked me to paint Bear to hang in the main lobby of the home. The director then proceeded to have an article written on the piece. They hope to submit it to some local papers *crosses fingers*. Here's the article posted on their website. 


Ever since I was a little girl all I wanted to be was a mother and an artist. Here I am 29 years old, I have a 1 year old and a very supportive husband who urges me to pursue my dream in art. I count myself very fortunate to having such a loving and supportive family. To this day my Mother continues to inspire me and teach me to be a better mother and artist. 

Here are some of my more recent works:
"Cats"
22"x42"

"Charlie"
10"x10" 

"Tyson"
20"x24" 


"Parker Bean"
20"x24"


 
"Parker Bean" and "Tyson" hanging in the lobby of Bow-Wow



"Bear"
16"x20"

No comments:

Post a Comment